This is a completely random post sharing a peek into my crazy these days. But first, let’s make a deal… I will share LOTS of my short comings these days if you will share just ONE of yours! Deal? Okay, deal. So let’s begin with what is new with us. Two weeks ago we moved and we are now living in a rental (cute but small). Our new house is coming along so quickly now that I literally have like ten thousand things a day to do, to select and order as well as contractors to meet with at the house. Let’s add on dress-up week at the girl’s school last week, a new 15,000 square foot facility we are building for our company, practice three nights a week for various activities, AND a trip to NYC today for my blog. So basically life is nuts. I would say I love it, which I do, but I have to admit that I have gone a little crazy in the last seven days. I honestly try super hard to not stress, to make lists, to focus on one thing at a time and to have dedicated work/family/house renovation time but that has just not been possible lately. I know it will all come together in the next several weeks but until then, I am ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Sometimes I get caught up in Instagram or Pinterest or Facebook thinking that everyone has it together but me. And then I get messages asking how I do it all?!? Well, here’s a newsflash… I DO NOT! Like whatsoever. I shine in some areas, I get by in others and I fail miserably at everything else. So today I wanted to pop in and share in hopes that you will make me feel better or I will somehow make you feel better. Because let’s admit, all of us mommies should be in this together.
Confessions of the Week…
- I washed my hair once last week. Yes, I CAN get away with only a couple a week but never just one. Never.
- We have lost not one but THREE library books in the last two weeks. Ugh. please tell me the sock fairy also decided to eat books.
- I forgot that Monday was picture day at the girl’s school. And both of my kids looked like a hot mess. And it is for the yearbook. Will they hate me when they are 15?!?
- I do not always know what I am doing when it comes to design. I test and play and scheme as I go sometimes. Point in case…
Oh and did I mention that I decided on NONE of the above?!?
- We have eaten out EVERY SINGLE MEAL in the last seven days. That is terrible I know.
- I am so behind on laundry that I took it all to a Laundromat. For them to wash and dry and fold.
- I’ve had a Grande Iced Vanilla Latte at Starbucks every single day this week. And possibly last.
I’m confident there’s more but I’m about to board a plane so I’ll save myself the embarrassment and stop right there. For now. So what’s been crazy in your life lately? Thanks for following along! I seriously love you guys!
XOXO, Brittany Hayes