Happy 2016! I can’t believe that my first full year of blogging is in the books! I hope that everyone had a wonderful, safe Christmas and New Years. With an absolutely CA-razy year ahead, Mark and I decided to drop off the map for a little while and refresh, unplug and unwind last week. Although I missed all of you, I am not going to lie, it was pretty dang amazing. And here’s the one and ONLY picture I took the entire trip…
Every year for our anniversary, which is three days before Christmas, we rotate years planning a getaway. In our first several years of marriage it was a one night getaway at a local hotel and then it slowly evolved into longer and farther away stays. We typically leave two days after Christmas and stay until after New Years. Our “typical” stay is usually comprised of the following: lots of food, a fair to heavy amount of wine drinking all combined with a large amount of relaxing. This year Mark thought a little outside the box and given the amount of go-go-go we have done lately combined with a good amount of stress-stress-stress, he chose Canyon Ranch in Tucson Arizona. The funny thing is that he simply searched “the best spas in Arizona”. Little did he know that it was an amazing spa AND a full-blown health and wellness center. Like as in no alcohol on property, calorie portioned meals and fitness classes that I couldn’t even pronounce… I think at first we were a bit bummed. Sounds crazy but to me vacation is about indulging, right?!? But I have to say that two days in, I was hooked. It was literally impossible to eat bad. Vegetables for freaking daaaaays, no sugar anywhere in sight and the entire resort was a cell-phone free zone (except in your rooms). We even lost a combined 14 pounds! On vacation!!! So what did we I learn on this health crazed vacation?
1.Without a time sucker in my pocket, i.e. my cell phone, I am pretty sure there were at least 28 hours in a day.
2. I can actually function without a single drop of sugar or caffeine. I mean, who knew?!? And to be completely honest, I even felt BETTER. I am actually writing this out so I can go back and remind myself of this a month from now.
3. I love the outdoors. Shocking as it may seem for a self-described design obsessed, fashion obsessed, style guru. I loved every minute that we hiked, biked, walked and ran.
4. Adversely, the gym is still not my thing.
5. Vegetables have a lot of fiber. I am going to stop right there. Let’s just say that we ate at least ten pounds of vegetables each day and we learned very quickly that yes indeed, vegetables have a lot of fiber.
6. That we truly love each other, love our families and love what we do. When you are in spa retreat heaven and you are still ready to go home and get back to reality, you know that you truly do love your life.
SO… it’s 2016 and SO much is happening for us this year. Some I have shared and actually a good bit that I have not! I seriously cannot WAIT for it all to unfold. So here’s to a fresh beginning, an exciting year and a look back at my top posts for 2015…
10. The Full Tour
XOXO, Brittany Hayes